Sunday 3 June 2007

Cry Wolf 1.03 and /wave Shout Wolf

Well, finally the contest change freeze has been lifted and I have published version 1.03 of Cry Wolf. Thankfully, the original version wasn't very buggy - so the update is mainly improving gameplay by scaling the combats some and adding clues for the puzzle. As long as there are no major issues, then this will probably be the last version.

As posted below, I was working on a multi-player version of cry wolf. However, without the companions and cutscenes there wasn't much meat left. Whilst the fights were OK, the puzzle aspect didn't work very well at all. To cap things off, the game lasts only an hour, which doesn't really seem long enough for a multi player module (which is less likely to be replayed). Plainly put, it wasn't very fun. Therefore, I have decided to cancle the project and concentrate on my Planescape mod. However, all was not lost. I learnt a lot about what makes MP tick, and some scripting tricks to make a mod MP safe. I don't think my Planescape mod will be very multi-player friendly, but I am going to try and script it so that MP at least works!

No comments: