Sunday 24 June 2007

Weekly Update

At last, I managed to get my main modding PC is up and running propelly, so I have been throwing myself into some full-on modding this week. The first thing I have done is clean up some of the old scripts and areas. A lot of these were built before I completed 'Cry Wolf' so needed a bit of an upgrade.

Additionally, I have been working on a pre-title sequence for the mod. A little like most films, this introduces the story and sets the atmosphere before the player gains control. The whole sequence is maybe 1 minute in length , but as any modder knows even the simplest of things can take time!

Finally, I have been in contact with a few custom content people. Discussions are only at the very early stages, so I can't really reveal anything at the moment. I am personally exited about the opportunities anyhow!

Now, the way I was going to go about these weekly updates was just showing a random selection of what I had built in a week. However, on reflection I thought this was a little boring - especially for weeks when I am mainly working on scripts or conversations. Instead, what I am going to do is spotlight one particular area or NPC each week along with a little bit of fluff about what you can expect in-game.

The first of these you can see below - this one focuses on The Lyrical - a Tavern within the market ward of Sigil.

No comments: